Advertise Here

Natural Mothering ~ Absolutely Delicious Life Recipe

- Another Blogger Blog's

Do you know what these famous people have in common?

Alexander Graham Bell
George Patton
Albert Einstein
Benjamin Franklin
Winston Churchill
Agatha Christie
George Bernard Shaw
Will Rogers

... .... ... I'll give you a moment.

If you guessed that they were all homeschoolers, you'd be correct.

I can almost "hear" what some of you are thinking.

But, why is it assumed that people can't be educated and become successful adults without attending public(Private)school?

I'm lucky enough to have been blessed with the opportunity to experience being home schooled and the effects it had on me academically.
I also know of a number of home schooling families who have raised successful, well educated children.

I'm sure you would have heard about the Government website that provides the public with statistical figures on students and their schools.
I have taken the time to browse this site ~ It's quite obvious the amount of children who will end up leaving school not academically prepared for what awaits them or their career goals.

By now your probably busting to ask "But what about the effects of homeschooling and Socialization !!!?"
How does public school equal healthy social development?
Socialization is not the same as having a social life. Homeschooled kids will have as many friends and activities as they want and we the parents allow.
They are socialized by their parents and other caring people who help them learn appropriate behaviour in different situations - at home, in public, in informal and formal activities.
They will have many opportunities to learn and practice social skills as they will be interacting with the real world on a regular basis.

Homeschooling is healthy!

It's a free country because we can live by whatever perspective we want to, one suited to our values, hopes, goals, beliefs ~ What a perfect opportunity that is to be the best we can! If for you that’s Public school - Great, And if for us it's Homeschool Id expect the same well wishes :)

2 comments:

Saved Sinner said...

It's funny, we got along just fine without schools and yet now all of a sudden every one seems to think that school is vital for "socialisation" and even that the primary purpose of schools is socialisation.

Sherri said...

What's more bizarre is that while in school I can remember several people telling me it was Okay that I hated it and had no one I could connect with in my classes, because I WASN'T there to socialize, and it would be all over in 4 (3, 2, 1) year(s) anyways. Like I would subjugate my kids to this. Please.

Post a Comment